Friday, February 12, 2010

True/False Question about The Great Gatsby?

True or False?


While only a few of the Seven sins appear in the book, nearly all of the seven Cardinal Virtues are present?True/False Question about The Great Gatsby?
True


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_vi鈥?/a>


http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Great_G鈥?/a>True/False Question about The Great Gatsby?
I'd say it's false. I mean, chasity, abstinence, liberality, diligence (only in Jay going after Daisy), Patience, Kindness (Nick was kind but he was about the only one), and humility. Although they should have had humility they didn't. At the end, Nick was the only one who cared about Jay. Maybe Nick fits all these virtues. I'm not sure since it's been a while since I read it. But I still say it's false because there was just too much selfishness in this book. Too many people wanting to hurt the other person ... too much cheating and too much greed. But like I said, it's been a long time since I read the book but it's a great one. If anyone had all these Cardinal Virtues, it would be Nick.


Look into it more and don't just go on my word. I just think that saying it's true is just too much. I don't think it can be true.
Well, Tom certainly represents Anger, Avarice and Lust.


Gatsby's parties are great examples of gluttony.


Daisyand/or Jordan might represent sloth.


So the statement would be false since at least five of the Seven Sins appear in the novel.
True.

No comments:

Post a Comment